Thursday, March 03, 2005

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Hey Kiah - Look what I found!!!! This IS cool!!

Well, it's our last day in Colorado. Jeff & I skied hard yesterday in the fresh powder on the backside of Vail. We were doing a bumpy, narrow run under the lift when I fell and somehow managed to jam my thumb; nothing serious, just a little swollen and stiff today. I guess we really pushed ourselves because we were dying on our last run; muscles from waist down were one solid block of tired tension. We went straight to the hot tub then crashed until dinnertime. We took today off and headed back to the outlet mall. Coldwater Creek isn't open yet, but they were laying carpet where it will be. After a few hours of shopping, we headed across the road to the Dam Brewery for lunch and samples (8 for $8.50!!!). Found several good enough to buy a six pack to take home (surprise, surprise, surprise). We got back just in time for Jeff to get to his massage at 4:00 pm and got several curious glances from people in the lobby when the bellman filled our cart with all the beer (we also stopped by a liquor store to stock up on all those microbrews we can't get in OK). I'm not sure how we're going to get all this stuff home........

I'm waiting for my laundry to finish drying so I can get dressed for dinner at some Italian place Jeri found today. We also started packing (big sigh). I do miss the girls but still hate to see our trip end. See you guys soon.

3 comments:

Carly said...

Kim you're hilar. It sounds like you guys have had a great trip! I'm so glad. Be careful driving home and we'll see you soon! :)

jennylogs said...

I miss beer. Enjoy it for me, and be careful getting home! Between Jeri's massage and your beer I'm feeling quite refreshed.

Gasser said...

Well, we made it home around 11:30 last night and Jeff's parents were out the door before a single bag was brought in from the truck!! All our stuff is scattered around the entryway and we'll get around to dealing with it today. Felt good to sleep in my own bed. Maggie was surprised when she came downstairs this morning!
For any of you who will be in the Breckenridge/Copper/Keystone area I've got a coupon book good for the outlet mall.
Glad to be home!! Will probably see you guys tomorrow.