Sunday, March 13, 2005

Is it just me........

or is anybody else currently creeped out by the huge flocks of black birds that have descended on Ada?? I was in my kitchen the other day and suddenly realized I could hear what sounded like a LOT of birds making noise in my back yard. I looked out and the trees were literally covered with birds. I kept thinking of that Hitchcock movie and got the heebie-jeebies. When I finally let Cookie out (she was going nuts because she could also see and hear them) she went tearing across the yard and as the birds all flew off it looked like this huge black cloud lifting off from my house. They also like to congregate in my front yard on the west side of my driveway and when they do you can't even see the grass through the black carpet of birds. I just don't remember seeing this many at once since we've been here. Hmmmmm........

1 comment:

Gasser said...

Yeah I've definitely noticed the increased "spotting" on my truck!!! I'll keep the fireworks in mind, though!!!
PS: Didn't we all tell you this was cool?? Welcome to the gang!