Wednesday, August 03, 2005

34 Days and Counting!!!!!!

Admit it. The thought of GSPS starting in less than five weeks has you excited!!! Even more excited are those who's kids are in public school; you have only ten days to go!! I keep thinking of that commercial where the kids are standing in the store, arms crossed on their chests, sporting the classic I-can't-believe-I'm-related-to-this-guy look on their faces as their father dances down the aisle as he loads his cart with their school supplies. That is totally me, and we've only just started the whole what-are-we-going-to-do-with-each-other-all-summer game. Hang in there, girls, we've almost survived another one!!!!
I do have to say, though, my baby girl Kendall has started a pretty cool trick. About a week ago I happened to say to her, just out of habit, "It's bedtime. Ready to go night-night??". And that girl looked at me and said "Yeah!!!" and actually took off running to her room and into her bed while I stood in the kitchen with my jaw on the floor. How cool is that???!!! We've been doing it every night since and I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can and am counting my lucky stars she's so easy right now to get to bed. I try to keep it in mind when she's on the floor, kicking at me, in the throes of a fit only a two-year old could possibly throw, that it all balances out in the end.
Maggie is cruising through her summer, and while she seems to be enjoying Monte Vista, I think she's ready for GS and all her buddies there. I always thought I'd have no problem putting her in the four-year old program at Glenwood, and now I can't imagine separating her from her four-year old GS buddies. Do you think it'll be possible to enroll them as a group next year??!! There's just something comforting having her at our church; I have total peace of mind while she's there. I'm trying to savor that while I can, because I know public school is a whole different can of worms. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it and think they learn a lot from it, I'm just not ready to deal with my four-year-old firstborn to be in it quite yet. We'll deal with that next year.....
The house is coming along, slowly but surely. We basically lack some finishing touches on the addition and should be in there soon. I can't wait to be able to do my morning workout even if Jeff had a bad call night and didn't get any sleep; he won't be able to hear a thing from the new room. I also can't wait to get my scrapbooking area set up. It'll basically be just a table with storage underneath, but I'll be able to have what I'm working on all laid out and have the leisure of being able to sneak in and work on it for a few minutes without having to put everything back up each time I'm there. I might actually be able to make some progress on my albums.......
I think that's all for now. I'm finally getting sleepy again so I'd better go. Hope all of you have a great day!!!!!

1 comment:

tka821 said...

oh my--only 34 days??? i must get busy!!