Friday, July 29, 2005

Our House, In the Middle of Our Street.........

.....is finally dry and will be finished someday!!! Woooohoooo to no more refrigerator-sized de-humidifiers parked just outside my office!! Our house is actually quiet. Messy, yes, but quiet. Well, as quiet as it can be with two pre-schoolers running around.......
Following the singing debut of our Sunday School class last weekend (rock on Kiah, Lo, Jen & Cheryl!!!!!) I made the 300 mile round trip to see my month-old nephew in Tulsa. Now we've visited my brother and sister-in-law at their house before with the girls, but not since they've become parents themselves. Baby Bryce hasn't seen much in the way of visitors, period, much less the human tornados that I call my precious darling girls. I don't think that poor baby knew what hit him, between Kendall climbing the walls and Maggie being all over him the entire time we were there. I think I just tend to forget the chaos my two kids are capable of causing. To be honest, I think I've learned to tune it out; I have to, I live with it. In short, we were there for about four hours and totally wiped out that whole family. I'd have left sooner, but I tend to think my visiting time has to be at least close to the amount of time I spend in the car to be a worthwhile trip. Add to all that the fact they are typical first-time parents who were biting their nails as my girls crawled all over me while I held Bryce on my lap. I e-mailed my sister-in-law the next day, and it appears they survived. I wonder how soon we'll be asked back?? If ever?? By the way, he's a whopping 10 pounds at a month and his hair has taken on that Will Lawson spiked-on-top baby hair look and it's adorable. Maggie loved to stroke his hair and make Bryce's parents think she was going to poke him in the soft spot. At the very least, they have a lot more respect for what my life is like right now as a parent of two.......
Only a little over a month before GSPS starts!!! Can't wait!!!
Take care of you all and see ya at the pool!!!

2 comments:

tka821 said...

loved the Madness reference...

Gasser said...

I was hoping somebody would catch that....:-)