Saturday, July 02, 2005

Six down, ten to go!!!!!!

Slowly but surely, we're plodding along through the summer. Again, I offer thanks for Maggs getting her spot in Monta Vista for the summer. She's hooked up with a cute little girl and is having a blast with Miss Tammy. She's getting a place to burn off some of that energy she has so we don't drive each other crazy. That and the pool are keeping her fairly busy. Kendall has become a monkey who enjoys rearranging furniture to create her own personal indoor playground. She's only two, but she's a strong little sucker who apparently has inherited her PaPaw's athletic abilities (that or his sheer stubborness). She's climbed on every table, chair, bed, and OUTSIDE of the staircase in what I've termed her "reach for the stars" effort. Chris G. got a taste of her 'subtle' manner of getting your attention at Madi's birthday party; she grabs you by the pant/short leg and drags you to where she wants you to do something. Apparently she figured out Chris was the one to push her in the swing and she wasn't going to let him go without a fight!!
I'm still ticked at Tommy, as those of you at the Martini Bar witnessed last night. I can't help but get worked up over it, because the whole depression/anxiety thing is something I've struggled with and I certainly don't need 'advice' from somebody who believes hormonal imbalances and mood swings don't exist. You already go through enough thinking you're crazy without being told you're involved with a pseudo-science that uses 'dangerous, mind-altering, psychotic drugs' to try and live your life like a normal person. He and Katie are free to go off to their happily-ever-after land of Scientology. He holds no interest for me anymore; she can have him (I know she was really worried about my competition. Ha!).
Monday morning is the Fireball Classic, and I'm planning on doing the 5K again this year. Thanks for flaking out on me, Lo!! Can't imagine how the lake could possibly be more fun than that!! Jeff is convinced I'm out to win the thing (couldn't if I wanted to) while I just want to be able to run the whole thing and beat my time from last year. I just hope I don't self-combust from the heat. I have already decided I have to do it without trying to take any of the water they offer while we're running; tried to drink & run at the same time last year and nearly choked to death. I'm just not that coordinated, so I'll wait until the finish line, thanks!!
And for those of you who didn't know, I got to meet my beautiful new nephew on June 21 when he was about 2 hours old ('bout time, big brother!!). He snuggled on my chest for about 2 hours while I got to nuzzle that wonderful brand-new baby skin on his shoulder, neck and head. Then I got to hand him back for feeding and diapering. Sounds like a great deal to me!! I can see why grandparents love their job!!! Maggie can't wait to meet him; she'll be all over the poor boy, just 'mothering' him as only a four year old girl can do. If anything, I guess it'll toughen the boy up!!
Happy Independence Day!! Have a safe one!!

No comments: