Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So far so good.....

Anybody who knows me even remotely had to deal with my endless worrying about Kendall starting Kindergarten this week. I spoke of little else all summer. Maggie, my angel child, I never worried about since I knew she'd do great in any class she ended up in. But Kendall?? My, to put it nicely, "free spirited" child?? Who could possibly be the perfect teacher for her?? Would she do ok? And on and on and on.......Then out of the blue, this summer she suddenly grew up on me by talking a LOT more and even reading books. What happened to my BABY GIRL??? So far she's doing great in big girl school. Not only did she already know her teacher, but she's also in the same class as 7 of her classmates from last year. Talk about easing her into the public school system! Her teacher told me yesterday that Kendall even worked through a tantrum associated with working on her pincer grip for handwriting and promised she'd keep working on it at home. I'm telling you, that child was born to keep me on my toes; just when I think I have her number she switches it all up on me. Stinker. But she's MY stinker.

No comments: