Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've gone commercial.......

Never EVER thought I'd be saying this but I am totally in LOVE with a diet. Is that weird?? Here's the scoop: clothes weren't fitting, wasn't feeling great, yadda yadda yadda.....so I researched NutriSystem and decided to go for it. My reasons included that the calorie counting would be done for me, that I'd basically be following a 'script' for what to eat each day, but mostly because I had the feeling that the shelling out of $300 up front for 5 weeks of food would add incentive to stick with the program. So far so good. The food is pretty good, and you add in fruits, veggies, dairy & protein. You have a checklist you follow every day. And darn it if it don't work!! Started a week ago today and am already down over 6 pounds. Granted I've cut out a lot of carbs, but as a pasta lover I haven't felt deprived at all. Eating lots more veggies & salads and feel good. Hoping to re-shape my eating habits as a self-confessed carb whore. Not sure it would be as easy for a meat and potatoes type of eater but it's working for me and I'm sticking to it for another 9 weeks 'cause it's already paid for baby!

No comments: