Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In the Jungle, The Mighty Jungle, The Lion Sleeps Tonight......

So since my nightly wake-up time has moved to about 1:30, I've been spending more and more quality time learning useless facts by the light of the computer screen. Coolquiz.com has just about every type of quiz you can think of, and they have a whole slew of 'Friends' quizzes. This was the answer to one of the questions I saw yesterday and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I've decided to use my time at night to bone up on my Friends trivia in the event I ever get to play the game. So watch out!!!! My other fave, which shows my geekiness, would be the science quiz. Other than the physics questions I do pretty darn well plus I've actually learned some stuff. Jeopardy, here I come!!

My other new habit is the re-discovery of ebay (thanks Dawn!!). I already have one Michael Stars tee on the way ($12.00 baby!!) and have bids on three others. Probably not the best way to spend my time, but at least it's on sale, right???

I'm sorry to hear my bitchiness from the recent past has spread to others. I hate those days when my fuse is so short that even totally inanimate objects can make me see red. Annoying people?? Forget about it!!! It just takes so much out of you when that mood hits; I really hope it doesn't last too long for anybody. If so, I can always serenade you with a variety of songs to focus your attention elsewhere.

GSPS enrollment was a bit of a bummer when it hit me that I only had to enroll one this time. My Maggs will be in big-girl school next August. I never thought I'd get all mushy over this, but it's been so nice to have her at our church preschool, among people I totally trust, in a class with only 8 other kids this year. I have nothing against public school; it's the path I took as a kid and I think I turned out OK. There's just so much I know she's going to be exposed to and it just makes me nervous. She'll be just fine; I'm the one who'll be a nervous wreck!! So be ready to hear me blubber in a few months!

I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend. Wine tasting and adult prom. Can't beat that!!! I'm getting my hair done and everything, so don't try and touch it Saturday 'cause you might not be able to get your hand out!! My only concern is that my dress will slip off my shoulder, so if I have a Tara Reid moment please promise you'll tell me!!!!!!

Sorry for the randomness of the post. Gotta do something with my time........See ya later!

2 comments:

Chi-Town Okie said...

ha ha ha ha ha....Tara Reid moment brought a smile to my face!! Don't you just love ebay and I am sure that Chris will thank you because now I am addicted to those quizzes!!! I am super excited about the adult prom as you call it. Going for my mani/pedi tomorrow!! Maybe all this friend time will get my mind off everything else...nah. Thanks for listening to me gripe.

Oh yeah and regarding Maggie in kindergarten...1st day of Meg in kindergarten I was in the hall bawling because she barely said goodbye and all these other kids were crying and Meg was like "see ya mom". So I will come and hold you hand...or I guess you will have Kiah...so you have eachother to lean on. It really isn't bad...its just their excitement that pumps you up. Just wait til they start high school....boo hoo boo hoo....she is almost gone!!

Gasser said...

Yeah, those quizzes are strangely addictive, aren't they??!!