Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ramblings of an insomniac......

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I finally slept through the night on Friday for the first time in over a month and was so excited. So how come I'm once again blogging during the wee hours of the morning??? I thought I was through with this crap! Some possible reasons:

1. Maggie, my girl who used to sleep like the dead, has decided she's scared of thunder. So we had a guest in our bed for about 2 hours while the latest storm rumbled through. Anybody who has attempted to sleep with a child in their bed knows how impossible that is. Amazing the effect a 35 pound child can have on two people in a king-sized bed.

2. I, in a moment of insanity (there are so many), planned a birthday party/cookout in honor of my baby girl turning three. No biggie except our backyard is weed city, I'm behind on my office work dealing with the end-of-the-month paperwork overload, Jeff is being held captive by VV (didn't get home until 11:00 pm and he wasn't even on-call), Maggie has extended rehearsals for the recital next week, the OK medical license board decided we needed to be audited for his CME credits, we won't be home for most of the day before the party, and the day of I've got a bell choir concert at church and have to be there at 8:15 for rehearsals. WTF was I thinking???? Good thing those coming love me enough to embrace the chaos that goes with me!!! Martha Stewart I definitely am not, but we figure enough alcohol will keep anybody from noticing...

3. The dance recital is May 11. Now at least I've been through it once and have some idea what lies ahead in the next 8 days, but it isn't conducive (sp??) to decent sleep. Plus Maggie is balking at going and the only way to get her there is to remind her the end product involves dressing up and getting to wear makeup.

4. This is Meals-on-Wheels week for the Alliance. I don't really mind doing it other than it just cuts my day in half. You just start to get into your office groove and have to leave for an hour. It's a good program and I feel good when I participate, but you know how it goes......

All that aside, there have been some good things going on in the Hood household. First of all, Jeff loved the pictures and was totally surprised that I pulled it off without him knowing. Score!!!!! Second, we became the proud owners of a 39 foot class A motorhome last Friday (think 'bus' and you get the picture). Sure Jeff got the trial by fire by driving it for the first time on I-35, in construction with the concrete barriers on either side, in a thunderstorm, but he's a quick learner and did fine. We spent most of the weekend hanging out in it, with all the slides and awnings out, in our driveway. Excuse me, but do I have a big 'L' on my forehead??? (for some blondes out there, that stands for 'LOSER'). Doesn't matter 'cause we all had fun, except for the moment Kendall whacked her head on the corner of one of the slides, but she's fine. We saw the RV movie the next night, and took lots of mental notes of what NOT to do on our first family trip. We are working on OU tickets for next season and plan to be in Norman for all the home games. Talk about a party rig!!!!

As my eyes get heavy, I'll leave it at that for this morning. See ya later!!!!!

2 comments:

Gasser said...

You didn't guilt me at all; it was the fact that Maggie's third birthday involved a party and I don't want Kendall to get screwed out of one, too. She already loses out on a lot by being the second child......

As for sleep I've just learned that if I stay in bed I'll actually be awake longer than if I got up and did something. I've even been known to do billing work during the wee hours of the morning. I figure I'm not sleeping because I'm worried about something that needs to get done, so why not go ahead an do it since I'm awake anyway??!!! Only problem is I seem to be doing this a lot lately......

I think this weekend will be a blast once I get through it!!!

Later.

Gasser said...

You, my friend, are a goofball.
Just for that:

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!
HAVE A NICE DAY!!
HAVE THE BESTEST DAY EVER!!!
HOPE YOUR DAY IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!
MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOU WHEREVER YOU GO!!!
MAY YOU FLOAT ON A CLOUD OF BLISS SUCH THAT YOUR FEET NEVER TOUCH THE GROUND!!!
MAY YOU PASS THE MINUTES OF THIS DAY HUMMING ALONG WITH THE ANGELIC HARPS PLAYING EVER SO SWEETLY IN YOUR HEAD!!!

Now THAT is me saying it as a smartass!!! :-)