Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh, the Insanity!!

I have two words for you: dance recital. Make you start sweating?? Feeling a little jittery?? What is it about something that should be as simple as a dance recital for a four year old that makes me want to do drugs?? Is it the fear of not being able to wash off the freakishly-bright lipstick? The real possibility that I could do permanant damage to her sight by poking her in the eye with eyeliner and a mascara wand?? ARRRRRGGGGG!!!
As I drove away from ECU this afternoon and headed straight home to a bottle of wine, I wanted to call Amy and sob "Why didn't we listen to you??!!". I remember two years ago when she was going through all this as she dropped off part of our dinner the week after Kendall was born. Maybe it was the hormone haze or the lack of sleep, but obviously it didn't sink in at the time (either that or I'm slightly masochistic). The only thing that perks me up is that Randi & Amanda (bless them) said Grace & Maggie looked like they were having a blast (hope that makes you sleep better, Kiah; I know I will) and Maggs loves the whole makeup/pretty costume thing. She doesn't seem to be aware of the chaos around her. Oh to be four years old and live totally in the moment. I think I should try it!!!

No comments: