Thursday, September 28, 2006

Insomniatic ramblings........

One: Potty trainer
Go Kendall Rae!!! My baby girl is firmly on the road to potty training. I haven't had her in a pull-up (except at night) in over a week. She is down to maybe one accident a day. Wooo hooo!!!!!

Two: Random kid-show observations
So this past Saturday morning, as Jeff & I were killing time in the 'ole RV, we ended up watching the Disney show "That's So Raven." (needless to say we hadn't figured out the Dish and were stuck with a very limited number of channels). Now I've come across this show while flipping channels but I've never really watched it. I have to say I was totally amazed, and not in a good way. Every single white character on this show played a person who was an absolute idiot/airhead/dumbass/you name it. I watched in amazement as it dawned on me that if the roles were switched between white & African American actors, the show never would have seen the light of day because it would have been classified as completely racist. Yet this show is a hit and seems to be well accepted by the public. Talk about a double-standard.

Three: Premature senility???
I'm a bit worried about me. I'm only 33 and I cannot keep up with what should be important things to keep up with. Example: Jeff needed the title to the Vette. Oh sure, you think, that's an easy one because like a responsible person you keep documents like that in a special place, like a safety deposit box, right?? Well, I used to do that but somewhere along the way I guess I got distracted and the title didn't make it there. I checked my usual places and found nada. Zilch. And we're not talking about just the Vette title, but ALL of them (Excursion, BMW, Vette, RV, F-250). What the heck happened that I didn't take care of something like that, huh??? After tearing the house apart, I did manage to come up with three of the five, but the other two, including the Vette, are in that mysterious place in my life that random things get sucked into and disappear, kind of like my own personal black hole. This worries me. I mean, if I'm like this now, what does the future hold??? Am I going to have to have one of those little electronic tags attached to all my stuff that beeps when I press the master receiver button (think "Along Came Polly" here)?? At the rate I'm going I'll probably loose the stupid receiver. Then what'll I do??? Luckily getting a replacement title isn't a huge deal, and I've vowed that when the two new titles come into my possession they're going straight into the safe with the other three, but it's the point. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh. Not good!!!!

Four: ''Hearts" to Dawn from your paranoid friend!!! Maggie would LOVE to have another friend's little brother/sister to play with, and it'll keep me from explaining to her that, come Friday, her daddy will be fixed and it just ain't happenin' again in this family!!!!

So it's nearly three a.m. now and I'm going back to bed. See ya later.

1 comment:

Chi-Town Okie said...

hearts right back at ya!! not sure if you are senile though...clumbsy yes, senile...maybe.