Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Two Down, Fourteen to Go??!!

OK, so I'm obsessive about how long summer is when I should be totally enjoying the quality time with my kids, right?? I know I got a huge break when Monta Vista Academy called with an opening for Maggs for the summer, but I still struggle with guilt over that (back to that whole mountain-out-of-molehill talent I have). Ahhhhhh parenthood!!!
I've almost finished reading "Down Came the Rain" by Brooke Shields, where she documents her struggle with post-partum depression. While my experience was never as severe as hers, I do have to say it's comforting to hear somebody else describe all the conflicting feelings that occur the first few months after childbirth. I want every male out there to read it so they can see we weren't making it all up!!! It's just one thing on the long list of things we just wish guys could get.
I know I'm rambling. I'm sleepy, partially from being up since 5:30 am (but I did run 4 miles this morning!!) and partially from the last glass of wine in the bottle. I had noticed it's been a while since my last post and wanted to put something on my blog just to keep my name out there!! I'm off to beddy-bye as soon as I'm done here!!
Hope all of your summers are off to a great start. And a big Happy Fourth Birthday out to John Boone, the little cutie pie!!

No comments: